Job DetailsPrint Job
Job Start Date:09/01/2021Type of Position:Regular Full-Time
Number of Openings:1Wage/Salary:$74,088Per Year
Job Location & Contact:
300 North Main Street
Job Description:ABOUT US
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is the Commonwealth’s largest postsecondary institution serving more than 100,000 students through 16 colleges with more than 70 campuses. We also are Kentucky’s largest provider of workforce and online education. Through partnerships with business and industry, we align our programs to meet the needs of local employers. Our colleges are united in their commitment to making life better for our students, communities, and the citizens of Kentucky.
KCTCS offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
o Exceptional health care, vision, dental coverage for you and your family
o Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents
o 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match.
o Employee Assistance Program
The open position, outlined below, is located in Versailles, Kentucky.
The Executive Director of Technical Programs will Lead, facilitate, and support KCTCS college faculty and academic leadership in technical program and curriculum development. Provides thought leadership and guidance in the development of new teaching modalities and focuses on accelerating time to degree through flexible teaching and learner support strategies. Provides collaborative leadership to System Office and College Workforce Solutions and Economic Develop staff to ensure seamless delivery and articulation of technical program scaffolded credentials. Supports and encourages the delivery of high-quality and innovative for-credit and non-credit workforce training and the development of credit for prior learning policies and practices. The position will Supervise staff.
• Provides leadership and guidance in the alignment of technical programs with employer needs within the Kentucky Sector Strategies. Aligns technical programs with career clusters, and industry sectors including healthcare, business and information technology, advanced manufacturing, logistics, and construction and trades. Works with statewide curriculum committees and leadership through research and advising to achieve KCTCS and Kentucky workforce pipeline priorities. Provides leadership and support to faculty in curriculum mapping and alignment processes and practices.
• Provides leadership and guidance in accelerating time to degree, career, and transfer by supporting flexible course offerings, credit for prior learning, experiential learning, apprenticeships, and other learner supports. Works with the Kentucky Department of Education and the Council on Postsecondary Education to ensure seamless career pathways.
• Works with business and industry, the Kentucky Workforce Innovation Board, the Kentucky Chamber, the Kentucky Department of Education, and other partners to align technical programs with workforce needs and supports the KCTCS liaison with KY FAME. Encourages experiential learning opportunities such as apprenticeships and other work based learning models between curriculum committees and industry.
• Facilitates the development and delivery of workforce and work-based learning policies, procedures, and resources to meet the needs of faculty and staff in technical programs working with learners to meet the workforce training needs of Kentucky’s business and industry.
• Supports all affiliated initiatives, workgroups, and committees within the System Office and in support of college shared governance.
• Leads and manages staff and adjunct faculty support.
Experience Required:MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Technical Education and/or Workforce Development, Curriculum Design, Adult Learning and five (5) years relevant experience or equivalent.
Should have experience in technical program development and/or deployment and be able to develop and maintain relationships with business and industry partners, economic development and Chamber organizations, other technical field organizations, and government agencies. Strong written and oral communication skills, collaborative, relationship builder, understands the role of faculty in curriculum development, provides leadership and support while supporting shared governance.
• Doctoral Degree in Higher Education, Technical Education and/or Workforce Development, Curriculum Design, Adult Learning and seven (7) years relevant experience or equivalent.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Initial review of applicants will begin on July 30, 2021.
Position is open until filled - Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview
To apply, visit https://bit.ly/3ibmbS0
For questions regarding the above position, contact us by emailing
How to Apply:https://careers.kctcs.edu/job-details?jobID=70215&job=executive-director-of-technical-programs-job-9976&collection=true
Application Deadline:Aug 30, 2021