Job Start Date:11/22/17Type of Position:Management
Number of Openings:1
Job Location & Contact:
1790 Vendor Way
Job Description:- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for department.
- “Breaks out the house” with room disbursement with the number of attendants available.
- Schedules and maintains proper workforce to ensure correct staffing levels to meet demands of guests and associates.
- Inspects the level of cleanliness in guest rooms, storage areas, laundry areas, restrooms and public areas. Reports needed improvements to subordinates and managers.
- May assist in scheduling staff according to standards and forecasted occupancy; may assign daily work tasks to employees.
- Ensures cleaning and servicing of guest rooms is carried out in a timely and organized manner according to procedures and standards.
- Notifies guest services (front desk) when service is complete so rooms may be sold.
- Reports any room unable to be serviced within appropriate time standards to supervisor.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Reports appropriate guest complaints or requests to appropriate department. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Reports needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Responsible for all QA documentation for the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments.
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, state and local ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations and safety are followed.
- Ensures all associates comply with safety policies, and report injuries in a timely manner.
- Assigns, supervises, and inspects housekeeping and laundry duties.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping and laundry services and equipment and takes corrective action.
- Takes monthly inventory, requisitions housekeeping and laundry supplies and equipment.
- Assists General Manager in interviewing and training housekeeping and laundry applicants.
- Trains new housekeeping and laundry associates.
- Thoroughly clean assigned rooms, i.e., sweep, mop, vacuum, dust, clean commodes, clean mirrors and windows, change linen, make beds, clean iron caddy and empty water from iron.
- Perform other general cleaning, i.e., vanity areas, coffee makers, etc.
- Check shower curtain for mildew, scum, and clean accordingly.
- Properly replace linen as needed.
- Replace guest amenities as needed.
- Clean and stock Room Attendant carts, linen/storage rooms, and maintain in a presentable manner.
- Check for missing and/or damaged furniture, equipment, etc. and report/replace as necessary.
- Immediately inform management/maintenance of items needing repair or not working properly.
- Turns in work orders from Room Attendants/Suite
- Attendants to management on a daily basis, using InterMountain-approved web-based system.
- Prepares orders for items needed in guest rooms, housekeeping, and laundry, and gives them to the General Manager.
- Work in laundry area as necessary.
- Explains discrepancies between rooms rented and rooms cleaned.
- Properly log and secure lost and found items in compliance with standards.
- Maintain security for guests and property by keeping room doors locked at all times.
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
- Take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
- Responsible for proper administration of key control for issued keys or keys left by guests in the room.
- Willingness and ability to train new associates.
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
- Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
- Support team members to ensure the team’s entire workload is completed daily.
- Perform other duties as required.
Experience Required:- Supervisory: 1 year
- Housekeeping: 3 years
How to Apply:Apply online at www.intermountainhotels.com
Application Deadline:Jan 01, 1900