Job DetailsPrint Job
Job Start Date:07/01/2021Type of Position:Regular Full-Time
Number of Openings:1Wage/Salary:$37,704Per Year
Job Location & Contact:
300 North Main Street
Job Description:ABOUT US
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) is the Commonwealth’s largest postsecondary institution serving more than 100,000 students through 16 colleges with more than 70 campuses. We also are Kentucky’s largest provider of workforce and online education. Through partnerships with business and industry, we align our programs to meet the needs of local employers. Our colleges are united in their commitment to making life better for our students, communities, and the citizens of Kentucky.
KCTCS offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
o Exceptional health care, vision, dental coverage for you and your family
o Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents
o 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match.
o Employee Assistance Program
o Discount program on electronics, software, tickets, wireless plans, and more!
As an integral member of a dynamic and innovative team, the Faculty Developer will play an active role in the continued development of high-quality, online learning courses. This position will work with faculty from multiple colleges to provide support, consultation, needs-based training, and guidance for best-practices and quality assurance in online teaching and learning. Faculty Developers will work collaboratively with Online Learning staff for the development and facilitation of workshops, faculty academies, and other professional development projects, and in coordination on system-wide quality assurance initiatives for online learning. The Faculty Developer must be self-directed, meet deadlines, and work easily within a team and an independent setting.
Qualified candidates should have experience teaching (online or face-to-face) and a capacity to use and learn online education tools including: authoring tools such as Camtasia and Articulate; developing courses in a known LMS environment (e.g., Blackboard, Canvas, etc.); and integrating learning and design theory into practice. An understanding of learning theory and pedagogy/andragogy is desired.
Position headquarters are in Central Kentucky with the primary work location at one of the 16 KCTCS Colleges across the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
• Coordinate with college faculty to build the skills necessary to develop online courses that meet the standards for quality assurance as determined by the KCTCS quality assurance rubric. This standard includes the provision of effective consultation and training, as well as the recommendation of sound learning solutions.
• Coordinate with Online Learning staff and identified instructional experts within the System to facilitate and develop appropriate and timely training and professional development opportunities for faculty.
• Produce instructional objects, including web sites, video, graphics, and interactive media elements using a variety of digital media editors such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Creative Suite, Captivate, etc.
• Plan, direct, implement, and evaluate courses delivered online.
• Stays current with online teaching practice, research and theory, and the latest industry tools and trends in online education.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience Required:MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, other Education with four (4) years relevant teaching experience.
• Master’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, other Education with two (2) years relevant teaching experience.
SKILLS OR ABILITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR THIS POSITION
• Education – Teaching/training experience, particularly online.
• Strong understanding of adult learning theory and common instructional practices and theories.
• Knowledge of accepted standards for online learning.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
• Self-directed work with the ability to set and meet internal deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, particularly through self-teaching.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Initial review of applicants will begin after June 8 , 2021.
Position is open until filled - Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
To apply, visit https://careers.kctcs.edu
For questions regarding the above position, contact us by emailing
How to Apply:https://careers.kctcs.edu/job-details?jobID=69002&job=faculty-developer-job-9958&collection=true
Application Deadline:Jun 30, 2021