Job DetailsPrint Job
Job Start Date:04/01/21Type of Position:Full-Time
Number of Openings:1Wage/Salary:$55,000Per Year
Job Location & Contact:
PO Box 1603
Job Description:Job Summary
The Director of Clinical Services provides clinical services, leadership, consultation and support to Ampersand’s Therapy and Group Services Department as well as the full agency as needed. This is a supervisory position that is responsible for developing and directing a team of professional staff to provide quality clinical and group service care to all clients. This position will report to the Executive Director.
• Provide coordination, leadership, oversight and direction for all clinical and group program services provided by the agency within its 17-county service area.
• Coordinate, lead and supervise all agency Therapists and the Group Services Coordinator.
• Ensure all positions within the Therapy and Group Services Department are filled with qualified personnel by hiring and terminating when appropriate.
• Facilitate collaboration of clinical and group programs with all other departments within Ampersand.
• Provide and ensure individual therapy services are practiced within an integrated and ethical treatment approach, incorporating alternative therapies into an empirically-based treatment framework.
• Provide individual and group clinical supervision as well as mentorship to the Therapists and Group Services Coordinator including review of assessments, treatment plans, and intervention strategies.
• Identify, incorporate and encourage training opportunities that support the efforts of the clinical and group programs in trauma informed and client-centered best practices.
• Provide consultation and training to professionals within the agency’s service area regarding Ampersand’s services and sexual violence.
• Ensure implementation standards of clinical services are met throughout the agency.
• Engage diverse organizations and populations in need of Ampersand services.
• Provide regular assessment and evaluation of clinical and group program services.
• Identify, develop, maintain and strengthen Ampersand’s relationships with community partners.
• Participate in Ampersand’s 24-hour on-call rotation.
• Work directly with the Director of Advocacy and Education to ensure effective advocacy for clients participating in both programs.
• Complete semiannual performance evaluations for all departmental staff.
• Participate in Kentucky Association of Sexual Assault Programs support meetings and trainings as appropriate.
• Attend all relevant community meetings within Ampersand’s service area.
• Participate in all relevant internal agency meetings.
• Maintain and facilitate the therapy waiting list effectively and manage intake forms.
• Lead Ampersand’s Vicarious Trauma Task Force, encouraging self-care for department and agency staff and planning appropriate activities when needed
• Work directly with the Director of Finance, Human Resources and Payroll and the Director of Advancement to maintain all grant requirements and departmental budgetary needs.
• Ensure compliance of with all federal, state, local laws, statutes, and regulations as well as corresponding professional ethics.
• Contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork and mutual respect among staff and volunteers.
• Provide individual therapy and co-facilitate psycho-educational groups. Carry a manageable client caseload, conduct assessments, treatment planning, case coordination, and group/individual therapy as needed.
• Train volunteers to provide crisis intervention counseling and advocacy services to survivors of sexual violence.
• Provide court testimony when necessary, including expert witness testimony.
• Accomplish other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Master’s degree in social work or a closely related field.
• Five years of related clinical experience.
• Licensed Clinical Social Work (hereinafter “LCSW”) OR corresponding license for independent practice; license must be maintained during employment and continuing compliance with requisite licensure requirements are expected.
• Minimum of three years of clinical experience post-LCSW (OR corresponding license).
• Proven expert knowledge, training, and experience in evidence-based and alternative treatment models for survivors of sexual trauma.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Required successful completion of a 40-hour training provided by Ampersand and twelve hours of continuing education per year.
• Compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
• Ability to pass a background and reference check.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation with an appropriate level of vehicle insurance.
• Minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
• Willingness to take an intersectional, anti-oppression approach to your work and have a basic understanding of privilege.
• Demonstrated experience in working with Microsoft Office products, standard office technology, and capable of providing telehealth when appropriate.
Desired Qualities, Success Factors and Job Competencies
• Proven expert knowledge of dynamics of trauma and impact of sexual violence on individuals and communities.
• Awareness of modalities that are best practice for treating trauma; trauma informed modalities.
• Commitment to Ampersand’s mission, vision and core values.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
• Ability to adapt to crisis situations and work well under stress.
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to conduct self in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
• Well-organized and possessing the capability to complete all required documentation in a timely fashion and to effectively lead department in the same manner.
• Expert decision and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• High level of knowledge related to best practices for trauma and sexual violence.
• Proven ability to work with diverse personalities and maintain effective working relationships.
• Multilingual or the ability to work with and utilize interpretation services.
How to Apply:Email cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com. Within your cover letter you must address your understanding of intersectionality and its importance within your professional field.
Application Deadline: March 12, 2021
No Phone Calls Please
Application Deadline:Mar 12, 2021